Wednesday 26 November 2014

UNIT 3: TECHNOLOGY


 


"How techie are you?" are you able to understand all these terms and phrases?:

click the mouse, type a password, insert an image from Clipart, delete a file, browse a website, save a file, cut, copy and paste an image, install a program, download an MP3 file, edit a document, email a friend, chat, surf the Internet, log in to an account, print a document, connect to the Internet, create anew folder or file, scan an image, minimise/ maximise the window, bookmark a website, scroll up/down, attach a file, google (for) something

Now try to complete this blog page using the words in bold:

plug, scan, google, create, scroll, switch on, install, email, save, connect, print, copy and paste, type, download, minimise, edit,  play


22 February: I love my new PC
Cool, I have a brand new Pc. I .....it in, .......on the monitor, ...... my password, and ..... to the Net. I ....my favourite website, ..... down the menu and .... an MP 3 file of my favourite band.  I listened to it several times. It's awesome!
I .... for a nice site of car images. I .... about 20 photos of cool cars in a folder that I .......for my Technology Project. I also ..... some terrific photos of me and my friends and .... them.
I .... my favourite game on my new PC and played it for about an hour. When Mum entered my room, I .... the window and worked on my project.
When I finished my project, I ... and .... it to my Technology teacher. I also ..... it because I want to show it to my friends.
Mum's here again! I must go to bed. 
Nightie night!
(click on COMMENTS to check your answers)

Click on some interesting links to learn more vocabulary to talk about TECHNOLOGY:

Technology phraseshttp://www.dcielts.com/exercises/vocab/technology-phrases.htm

Technology sentenceshttp://www.dcielts.com/exercises/vocab/technology-sentences.htm 

Gap fill essayhttp://www.dcielts.com/exercises/vocab/technology-essay.htm

Internet termshttp://www.lingolex.com/internet.htm

Computershttp://iss.schoolwires.com/page/14934

Mobile phoneshttp://wilsworldofwords.com/2010/06/english-vocabulary-for-mobile-phones-cell-phones.html

Test your vocabularyhttp://www.learnenglishfeelgood.com/vocabulary/mobile-phone-vocabulary1.html

 

  Extra listening:


"Samgsung unveils new smartwatch"

Click here to listen to this piece of news. Mark these statements TRUE or FALSE:

a.Samsung has introduced to the world its third and best smartwatch.T / F
b.The watch can run 16 apps on its screen.T / F
c.The body of the watch is made of stainless steel.T / F
d.Samsung has probably beaten Apple to the market by a few weeks.T / F
e.An expert said the Gear was too expensive to sell well.T / F
f.Another expert praised how innovative the Galaxy Gear was.T / F
g.The expert said it wouldn't be as popular as smartphones.T / F
h.Samsung said you would still need to get your phone out.T / F



"Internet helps families stay more in touch" 

Click here to listen to the news. Mark the sentences TRUE or FALSE:

a.Communication technology is reuniting people separated at birth.T / F
b.Family members are in more regular contact today than ever before.T / F
c.You often needed a stamp to keep in contact years ago.T / F
d.Many of our parents’ parents now keep up with technology.T / F
e.Technology has had a very negative effect on family communication.T / F
f.2% of a survey said technology worsened family communication.T / F
g.Families are building network connections inside their homes.T / F
h.A researcher said families only used to communicate in the evenings.T / F


(Click on COMMENTS to check your answers)

1 comentarios:

ANA MENA said...

plugged, switched, typed, connected, opened, scrolled, downloaded, googled, copied and pasted, created, scanned, edited, minimised, emailed, saved, printed.


"Samgsung unveils new smartwatch"
1. F 2. F 3. T 4. T 5. T 6. T 7. F 8.F

"The Internet helps family stay more in touch"
1. F 2. T 3. T 4. T 5. F 6. T 7. F 8.T

Post a Comment