Monday 24 November 2014

UNIT 3: SHOPPING COMPLAINTS


 


Hello everyone!

When was the last time you had to take something back to a shop?
What was wrong with it?

Click here for some listening comprehension practice.

Here you have some useful language to complain (if you are the customer) or to deal with complaints (if you are the shop assistant):

USEFUL LANGUAGE – COMPLAINING 

Making the complaint
  • I’m ringing to complain about…
  • I’m sorry, but I’m not satisfied with…
  • Unfortunately, there’s a problem with…
  • I am very dissatisfied with the service I received 
Insisting
  • It really isn’t good enough
  • I’d like to know why…
  • I’d like an explanation for… 
Threatening
  • If you don’t replace the product, I’ll complain to the manager
  • If you can’t deliver on time, we’ll have to contact other suppliers 
USEFUL LANGUAGE – Dealing with Complaints 

Showing understanding
  • I’m sorry to hear that
  • Yes, I see what you mean
  • I apologise for…
  • I understand you're upset about
Getting the facts
  • Could you give me some details, please?
  • ·What happened exactly?
  • What seems to be the problem? 
Making Excuses
  • It’s not our policy to replace items
  • It’s not our fault that it hasn’t arrived
  • I’m afraid that’s not quite right
  • I’m sorry, there’s nothing I can do 
Promising action
  • Ok, I’ll look into it right away
  • I’ll check the details and get back to you
Another important thing for you is to know how to write a letter of complaint.
Click here for some information and samples.
 

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment