Thursday 5 March 2015

WRITING TASK: ANECDOTES

Last day we learned how to tell an anecdote. This is the powerpoint Kerrin used in class (Thank you, Isabel):




Remember I told you to write an anecdote, and to help you with that writing task I showed you this document.

To finish, read the following anecdote:

"Here is a good story to show why you shouldn't leave things to the last minute!. 
I'll never forget the day I had to hand my first essay in to literature teacher- what a nightmare!. "I want the 350- word essay on my desk by 10:30" he ordered at 7.30 in the morning. "Oh my God!", I thought, I couldn't believe my ears. I was supposed to write an essay, as long as the Quijite in just 3 hours! I felt like bursting into tears, but instead,  I sat in front of my laptop determined to do it. 
It was 10 o'clock, and I had just finished and was about to save it when, all of a sudden, the lights went off. I was absolutely livid and just wanted to run away from it all. Obviously, I didn't have time to prepare another essay, so I googled and just copied a report I found on the net. What a big mistake! Unfortunately, that essay had been written by my teacher himself!. 
I still feel embarrassed every time I remember that awful event."


Hope it helps!

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment