Thursday 5 March 2015

PUNCTUATION TIPS

Look at the answers to the activity I gave you last week to help you with the use of the "comma":

1. When going on a trip, I like taking my guitar with me.
2. I've been to France, Germany, China and Spain.
3. Next week, I am going to have a party, so I invited my friend, Mark and Sue.
4. There are exactly 4,897,341 people living in this city, most of whom take a train, a bas or a tram to work.
5. "Look at this", he whispered.
6. Paulina, his wife for many years, decided to live in Greece.
7. As the plane was coming to a halt on the runaway, I was beginning to feel less nervous.
8. The thief had very impractical shoes, so he couldn't run very fast.
9. "I'm warning you", said the teacher, "don't even try to cheat, or else you will be expelled from school".
10. I dedicate this work to my brothers, Jonh Smith and God.
11. Sarah, the most intelligent pupil in the class, was always late for work.
12. I said that she is intelligent, not pretty.
13. Once the storm was over, we could sail to the island.
14. Given the terrible weather conditions, it is surprising that the holiday was so enjoyable.
15. India, a truly beautiful, interesting and exotic country, is now a popular holiday destination.
16. During lunch, at the campus cafeteria, Henry noticed the dirty tables, the overworked cashiers and the high prices of food.
17. During the race, I tried to keep up with Mark, who can run 100 meters in under 12 seconds.
18. To study for the exam, Bill drank seven cups of coffee, which kept him awake all night.
19. I only earn 2,000 USD a month for my hard work, and my wife gets 12,000, which is unfair.
20. Ron, who is 15, was doing his best to win the contest, but he failed.


0 comentarios:

Post a Comment